- Crew: Hold fast! She's on us!
- Edward: Can you see her?
- Crew: Man the Cannons!
- Crew: Our Helmsman's dead! Someone take the Wheel! Kenway! Take the bloody Wheel!
- Crew: Uncork the Cannons, Lad! Unload all the Shot we have! Fire on those Bastards!
- Crew: The Magazine! It's going up!
- Captain: Douse the Flames! Get in there, you Mongrel!
- Caroline: Is it dangerous? Edward?
- Edward: Hm?
- Caroline: Privateering. Is it dangerous?
- Edward: Wouldn't pay so nice if it weren't.
- Caroline: Why not sail with the King's Navy? Earn a proper Wage. Sail under Gentlemen.
- Edward: Sod the Navy's Gentlemen. For every Shilling I'd earn, the Captain'd get six Hundred. That's no Way to earn a Fortune.
- Caroline: We don't need a Fortune.
- Edward: It's not about Need, Caroline. I want Food that don't make me sick. I want Walls that hold back the Wind. I want a decent Life.
- Caroline: H-how long would you be gone with these Privateers?
- Edward: A Year, I reckon. Two at the most.
- Caroline: All right. No more than two... promise me...
Edward woke up in the water and swam towards a beach, where another man followed him.
- Edward: Was it good for you as well?
- Duncan: Havana... I must get to Havana.
- Edward: Well, I'll just build us another Ship, will I?
- Duncan: I can pay you. Isn't that the Sound you Pirates like best? One hundred Escudos.
- Edward: Keep talking.
- Duncan: Will you or won't you!
- Edward: You don't have that Gold on you now, do you?
- Duncan: Bloody fucking Pirates!
- Edward: I am on to you, Sneaksby!
Duncan ran off into the jungle, and Edward gave chase.
- Edward: Come on Mate! We're off to a bad Start! It's a hundred Leagues or more to Havana! Will you walk that Distance?
Edward climbed onto a viewpoint and looked for the Assassin.
- Edward: Posh Git. Where's he running to?
- Duncan: Follow and I'll kill you!
- Edward: We could work together on this!
- Duncan: Keep your Distance!
- Letter: (Mr. Duncan Walpole). I accept your most generous Offer, and await your Arrival with Eagerness. If you truly possess the Information we desire, we have the Means to reward you handsomely. Though I will not know your face by Sight, I believe I can recognize the Costume made infamous by your secret Order. Therefore, come to Havana in Haste... And trust that you shall be welcomed as a Brother. (Your most humble Servant, Governor Laureano Torres y Ayala.)
Edward donned Duncan's robes.
- Edward: Mr. Walpole... let's collect your Reward.
Edward heard shots in the distance, and proceeded to investigate.
- Edward: That Schooner'll do me just fine...
- Soldier: The Commodore's gone ahead to Kingston. We're to commandeer this Lubber's Ship and Follow.
- Stede: S-sorry, Kingston? No, no... our Destination is Havana. I'm just a Merchant-
- Soldier: Quiet, you bleedin' Pirate! You'll hang for the Mess you made out there.
- Stede: Sir, I had nothing to do with this Attack. My Crew and I had merely anchored to water and resupply!
Some of the crewmen attempted to escape.
- Soldier: Hold it! Stop them!
The crewmen were shot by soldiers.
- Soldier: Give me one Reason I shouldn't vent your Skull.
- Stede: Take my Sugar! Take anything you like!
Edward killed the British soldiers and rescued Stede Bonnet.
- Stede: By God's Grace, sir, you saved me. A Profusion of Thanks!
- Edward: Is that yours?
- Stede: It is my Vessel, yes. But, ah... here lies its poor Captain. And I have no Art for Sailing.
- Edward: I can pilot her myself. No mind.
- Stede: You don't mean to abscond with my Ship, do you?
- Edward: I'm Duncan. What's your name, Friend?
- Stede: Stede. Stede Bonnet.
- Edward: Well Mister Bonnet, let this stay 'twixt us... but I am on a secret Errand for His Majesty the King, God save him, and I must get to Havana with Speed.
- Stede: Ah... that is a Relief, Sir. Havana is also my Destination. Our Ways lie together!
- Edward: Natural Allies then.
- Stede: Oh, you put me at Ease, Sir. To think I took you for a Pirate when you first appeared.
- Edward: Did you?
- Stede: Yes! You have an... uncommon way of handling yourself. Quick and easy, if I may say. Gave me quite a Fright! But all Things considered, I think it's turned out to be a rather fortuitous Day, hasn't it?
Edward started swimming towards the ship.
- Stede: Lacking a rowboat, I'm afraid we'll have to swim to my Ship.
- Edward: Hardly the worst thing to happen.
- Stede: Oh... Oh, this is difficult. I should have taken the Coat off!
Edward took the wheel of the ship.
- Stede: Welcome aboard, Duncan. She's a modest Schooner but well-suited to my Purpose. Trafficking Cargo from my Plantation and such.
- Edward: She'll do fine. There's a strong Wind now. Let's strike to Full, shall we?
- Stede: Ah, there's a Tug of the Wind at my Hair! I find a bracing Comfort in the Feel and Smell of the Ocean. The raw Stink of... of Possibility!
Edward sailed out of the bay.
- Edward: That's a top Way of seeing it, Mate.
- Stede: We've really opened it up now, haven't we!
- Stede: You're a natural Sailor, Duncan.
- Edward: I did a decent Trick at the Helm some time ago. Two Years before the Mast as a Privateer.
- Stede: Dash my Buttons! Your Life seems a grand One, if I may say. So full of Adventure! How marvelous.
- Edward: I have seen my Share of Strangeness, aye.
Edward assumed the identity of Duncan Walpole, rescued Stede Bonnet and sailed for Havana.