- ―Galina on her use of the Animus, 2014.[src]
- "What happened to us? What happened to our future? What kind of world am I leaving to my twin girls?"
- ―Galina's mother on the deteriorating Russian Brotherhood, 1991.[src]
On 28 June 2013, the Russian government announced its plans to put all of the Russian Academy of Sciences' remaining property and facilities under its control, putting the remaining Russian Assassins in danger.
- ―エメットのレポートより, 2014.[src]
Working with the Assassins編集
On 24 April, Galina, along with the rest of the Altair II's crew, was tasked with deciphering the riddles in William Miles' codex, in an effort to determine William's whereabouts. Eventually, they located a hidden cove in Norway, where the Altair II docked on 1 May 2014.
When Rebecca Crane began upgrading the systems on the Altair II, she discovered that a spy on the ship was uploading reports to a database run by a group called the Initiates. Unlike the rest of the crew, Galina was above suspicion, since she had only been with them for roughly a month; too short a time to have planted the bugs used by the Initiates. While the others were confined to their quarters on the ship until they could be interrogated and cleared of suspicion, Galina stayed in the bunker.
On 23 May, William finally gathered the crew members to announce the identity of the spy, naming Stephanie Chiu as the culprit. On William's command, Galina moved to kill Stephanie, but Eric Cooper intervened, revealing he was the spy instead. The two eventually confessed they worked together, with Eric writing the reports while Stephanie uploaded them to the Initiates database. William then revealed he had no intention of having them killed, as the Initiates appeared "fairly reasonable". Shaun then sent a video to the Initiates, offering them to join the Assassins.
In October, an Assassin group led by Gavin Banks, Galina among them, attacked and destroyed the Abstergo facility in Paris, which was dedicated to the research and study of the Sage John Standish. She and Shaun Hastings personally confronted Álvaro Gramática, with Galina attempting to kill the scientist with a grenade; however, Gramática survived thanks to the Shroud of Eden that he was wearing.
After the attack, the Assassins were followed by Templar agent Juhani Otso Berg and his right hand, Sorkin. Galina faced Sorkin and overpowered him, stabbing Sorkin multiple times before the Assassins escaped with the ships that were waiting them.
Member of Chen's cell編集
- "We kill him. A traitor almost ended the Brotherhood... and now you want to open the door for another one to finish the job?"
- ―Galina voicing her doubts about Joseph to Xavier, 2015.[src]
By 2015, Galina was assigned to a new Assassin cell in California, which was led by Xavier Chen. When a respected Assassin called Joseph, who had been thought dead, resurfaced in the Templar headquarters in September, the group felt conflicted over whether or not to trust him; Xavier was inclined to believe Joseph, but Galina thought it better to kill him, wanting to avoid a repeat of the Daniel Cross debacle.
Joseph claimed that he had been working with the Templars in order to lure out one of their top agents, by promising to help them find a Piece of Eden purportedly located in Salem at the time of the witch trials. To verify whether or not his story about the artifact was a setup, the Assassins decided to search for an individual with the necessary genetic memories. Kody, the cell's technician, hacked Abstergo Industries' Helix databases and found Charlotte de la Cruz, an employee at Malta Banking Corporation in San Diego.
Galina and Xavier then went to San Diego to recruit Charlotte, who was enthusiastic about the prospect of aiding the Brotherhood. During their meeting, a group of men sent by the Templars arrived at Charlotte's apartment and attacked them. The two Assassins eliminated the attackers and took their unconscious new recruit to their hideout located near the Salton Sea, where they put Charlotte into an Animus in order to relive the memories of her ancestor, Tom Stoddard, an Assassin active during the witch trials.
Later, witnessing the idealistic Charlotte having trouble to synchronize with her ruthless ancestor, Galina expressed her doubts about Chen's judgement and the new recruit's ability to accomplish the mission that the Assassin assigned to her.
Finding the Shroud編集
- "Bishop tells me Otso Berg is here. I will kill him for you!"
- ―Galina to Shaun Hastings, 2015.[src]
In late October 2015, Galina was contacted by Bishop, who asked her to meet up with Shaun Hastings and Rebecca Crane in London and help them locate a Shroud of Eden. Arriving at night, she snuck up on Shaun, who had been reminiscing about an old friend, and made him jump. When Shaun recalled their mission in Paris, Galina teased him for "screaming like a baby". She then eagerly told him she would kill Berg.
Once the Shroud's location was found by an Assassin initiate, Galina, Shaun and Rebecca traveled to Buckingham Palace's vault and immediately engaged Berg, Violet da Costa and Isabelle Ardant, who had arrived there ahead of the Assassins. For a while, Galina and Berg were evenly matched, with Berg managing to break her Hidden Blades, though she eventually gained the upper hand.
Just as she was about to kill Berg, the rest of Sigma Team arrived, forcing her to abandon her target and take out the reinforcements. Once they had been dealt with, she returned to Shaun and Rebecca, with the latter having been shot during the struggle, and told them it was time to go.
- Galina is derived from the Ancient Greek galene, meaning "calm". It is also used as a Russian variant of Helen, a Greek name that means "shining brightly". The root voron from her surname means "raven". Another possible origin of her surname is the Russian word vorona, which means "crow".
- Galina wears a pendant in the shape of the Russian Assassins' insignia.
- Notably, she is one of the few modern Assassins known to wield dual Hidden Blades.
- Rebecca Crane once caught Galina talking to herself during their time in Norway. Curious, the former asked her about it, only to find Galina saying that she was conversing with her dead sister.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Assassin's Creed: Initiates – Modern Times
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Assassin's Creed: Initiates – Surveillance
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Initiates (Twitter) - "A monster in the machine"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Assassin's Creed: Rogue
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Assassin's Creed #001
- ↑ Assassin's Creed #002